Night Sky Inlay

Just wanted to share some new Native American jewelry that I think is particularly beautiful and high end. It is called night sky inlay and is exactly that -- depictions of the night in the southwest via micro-inlay. There are some very noted artists who make this and it goes for very high prices. I love this jewelry, it is so magical to me and I love the way that Native Americans are constantly creating new design via old methods.This is a particularly large cuff, but there are brooches, bangles, torques, lots of different types embellished with different visions of the night sky.

You need to be a member of Ethnic Jewels to add comments!

Join Ethnic Jewels

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have one of those cuffs. It's an old one, just when those pieces first started to be made. It has traditional Native American silver work as well as the inlay, but no signature! They've become very streamlined now which I also love. I tried to attach a photo but it looks like it didn't take!

(Okay, I checked and if you click on it, it will open. So far so good!)

zuni.jpg

• Actually, it is advertised as a cuff, so I just believe  that the bracelet part is hidden by the grandeur of the night scene. Yes, really love this kind of jewelry and this piece in particular.

• Patricia you write, a large cuff.  Do you mean a large brooch? Looks like very skilled work. Beautiful and effective inlay.  I am also an admirer of their work which I find also so well finished. Gr, Ingrid.

• So true, Alaa, a wonderful amalgam
  • at crossroads between painting, adornment and contemporary art: the best of all worlds

• Amazing intricate work. I LOVE Native American jewelry. Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece.

• This is so beautiful, Patti. I will keep a look out for more.

This reply was deleted.