Ethnic Jewels

An appreciation of ethnic jewellery and adornment

ingrid Langerak's Discussions (34)

Discussions Replied To (34) Replies Latest Activity

"Dear Charlotte, Just see this article about Omani antique silver jewelry.  I just fi…"

ingrid Langerak replied Jan 21, 2016 to "Beauty and belief: the endangered tradition of Omani silver jewellery"

5 Jan 21, 2016
Reply by ingrid Langerak

"Good for you Betty, it looks very attractive, and it is a rather unusual one  the sh…"

ingrid Langerak replied Aug 10, 2015 to Bakelite bead - Horn of Africa

4 Aug 10, 2015
Reply by Betty

"Betty, Ethiopian.  I am placing two photos of the ones I have,  remember in Ethiopia…"

ingrid Langerak replied Aug 10, 2015 to Bakelite bead - Horn of Africa

4 Aug 10, 2015
Reply by Betty

"Hi Betty, I just saw it today.  Yes these are little wine cups, and there is also th…"

ingrid Langerak replied Aug 8, 2015 to For Ethiophiles: silver beakers from Ethiopia

2 Aug 8, 2015
Reply by Betty

"Patricia you write, a large cuff.  Do you mean a large brooch? Looks like very skill…"

ingrid Langerak replied Jun 17, 2015 to Night Sky Inlay

8 Aug 12
Reply by Ahuva Baginski

"Oke Ait,  the agreb shapes of beads from Mauritania must be the once I had in mind. …"

ingrid Langerak replied Oct 18, 2014 to Is this North African?

8 Oct 18, 2014
Reply by ingrid Langerak

"Hi Ait, I do have those large beads also in medium size, from Ethiopia.  In Ethiopia…"

ingrid Langerak replied Oct 17, 2014 to Is this North African?

8 Oct 18, 2014
Reply by ingrid Langerak

"I think this necklace is a fantasie build up form different beads, such as the large…"

ingrid Langerak replied Oct 17, 2014 to Is this North African?

8 Oct 18, 2014
Reply by ingrid Langerak

"Hi Lloyd,  the pictures I just admitted are the amulets (telsums) I wondered if the…"

ingrid Langerak replied Sep 30, 2014 to Research paper on Tuareg and Ethiopian talisman rings

16 Sep 30, 2014
Reply by ingrid Langerak

"Dear Lloyd,  I just enjoyed your humorous writing on how you got  started with your…"

ingrid Langerak replied Sep 29, 2014 to Research paper on Tuareg and Ethiopian talisman rings

16 Sep 30, 2014
Reply by ingrid Langerak

RSS

Notes

WHO WE ARE

Created by Cordelia Donohoe Apr 10, 2017 at 4:03pm. Last updated by Cordelia Donohoe Apr 17, 2017.

Forum

Email Hacked

Started by Anjali in general. Last reply by Cordelia Donohoe Nov 4. 11 Replies

Welcome new members

Started by Cordelia Donohoe in Discussions Nov 4. 0 Replies

© 2018   Created by Cordelia Donohoe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service