Ethnic Jewels

An appreciation of ethnic jewellery and adornment

Edith D's Discussions (27)

Discussions Replied To (23) Replies Latest Activity

"Hi Cordelia, I am not completely sure, but this item strikes me as Libyan rather tha…"

Edith D replied Mar 13 to Tunisian cone pendant with dangles

2 Mar 13
Reply by Cordelia Donohoe

"And here is another to give one pause... http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31605284 "

Edith D replied Feb 26, 2015 to Protecting Our Global Heritage: Don't Buy Antiquities

4 Feb 26, 2015
Reply by Edith D

"Here is an example of what I am talking about. Check this out... http://www.washingt…"

Edith D replied Feb 26, 2015 to Protecting Our Global Heritage: Don't Buy Antiquities

4 Feb 26, 2015
Reply by Edith D

"Thanks for your post!  I did not know the meaning of "nemli" and this is very intere…"

Edith D replied May 28, 2014 to Moshe Nemni, Reknowned Tunisian Silversmith

11 Jun 28, 2014
Reply by M.t.c.Janssen

"In response to Preethi's question about locally produced items that imitate external…"

Edith D replied Jan 18, 2014 to Collecting the Humble: (My two cents worth)

69 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by Chantal

"I love the old beads found on ethnic pieces...it reminds me of another aspect regard…"

Edith D replied Jan 18, 2014 to Collecting the Humble: (My two cents worth)

69 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by Chantal

"A couple more thoughts....there are many types of "value".  There is monetary value,…"

Edith D replied Jan 17, 2014 to Collecting the Humble: (My two cents worth)

69 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by Chantal

"Wow Patti...what great bracelets!  I love the cross-cultural pollination happening w…"

Edith D replied Dec 22, 2013 to Collecting the Humble: (My two cents worth)

69 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by Chantal

"Thanks Preethi...We are all very pleased for another addition to our discussion.  An…"

Edith D replied Dec 21, 2013 to Collecting the Humble: (My two cents worth)

69 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by Chantal

"I completely agree with you, Patti!  I also have both old and new in my collection,…"

Edith D replied Dec 20, 2013 to Collecting the Humble: (My two cents worth)

69 Aug 10, 2014
Reply by Chantal

RSS

Notes

WHO WE ARE

Created by Cordelia Donohoe Apr 10, 2017 at 4:03pm. Last updated by Cordelia Donohoe Apr 17.

Forum

Need ID, possible origin, how to describe, and opinions

Started by Lynne Sanville in Discussions. Last reply by Lynne Sanville 10 hours ago. 4 Replies

Yemeni silver hirz necklace?

Started by Élisabeth Parent in Discussions. Last reply by Cordelia Donohoe on Saturday. 3 Replies

Moroccan Berber neccklace

Started by Wellens Willy in Discussions. Last reply by Cordelia Donohoe Aug 3. 3 Replies

© 2017   Created by Cordelia Donohoe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service