Ethnic Jewels

An appreciation of ethnic jewellery and adornment

Discussions (199)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Berber necklace, Draa valley

Hi, As a new member of the forum I just wanted to share from my collection one of my favourite, a Berber necklace of the Draa Valley: amber…

Started by Wellens Willy

1 Apr 12, 2016
Reply by Zambezi

Filigree Ottoman Turkish Silver Belt. Any Additional Information ?

Hi there.  I'm new to this site so I hope doing this correctly.  I have this belt that i'm trying to figure out.  From the stamp it appears…

Started by lowblow2004

3 Mar 23, 2016
Reply by Jean-Marie Criel

Two pendants: wood, silber, and ?

Dear friends, Let me show you this new find at a flea market in Berlin. It's two pendants. In my opinion, they are made of c…

Started by Irina

0 Feb 11, 2016

Please I need help to identify this ring ... thank you ;-)

Hello; I have recently bought this ring in a auction room. I have tried to find any information about this kind of ring in in the book "…

Started by Sylvie Le Bars

10 Feb 9, 2016
Reply by Zambezi

Moroccan Berber Faux Copal Amber Beads Ethnic Necklace?

Can anyone help in deciphering the beads on this necklace. How can I tell if they are in fact Copal Amber? Possibly Moroccan in origin? Muc…

Started by Erica Connors

1 Jan 31, 2016
Reply by Alaa eddine SAGID

"Beauty and belief: the endangered tradition of Omani silver jewellery"

I have just found an interesting article written in 2011 - "Beauty and belief: the endangered tradition of Omani silver jewellery" by Aude…

Started by Charlotte Dakin-Norris

5 Jan 21, 2016
Reply by ingrid Langerak

Tribal necklase

Hi,I've recently started to study history of beads. I am very happy to beregistered at this forum and would be very grateful if you could h…

Started by Irina

4 Jan 19, 2016
Reply by Irina

Trying to ascertain age of these

I'll show the back too in the next comment as I dont know how to put two photos in. Im thinking they are probably 20th century, they have a…

Started by Cordelia Donohoe

2 Dec 5, 2015
Reply by Cordelia Donohoe

who can give me an idea?

i found in chinese website,who can give me a idea where is it from?and is the real old silver one?

Started by Son of Hmong

1 Nov 16, 2015
Reply by Alaa eddine SAGID

Modesty Plate (caping, cache-sexe) OR amulet

What do you think about this pendant ? Would you say it's a modesty plate or would you say it's an amulet ?It's a low grade silver. Thank…

Started by Sylvie Le Bars

7 Oct 8, 2015
Reply by Sylvie Le Bars

RSS

Notes

WHO WE ARE

Created by Cordelia Donohoe Apr 10, 2017 at 4:03pm. Last updated by Cordelia Donohoe Apr 17.

© 2017   Created by Cordelia Donohoe.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service